Friday, July 20, 2012 9:26:00 pm
Today was a very eventful day - unfortunately, there were some bad events amongst the good.
Saf and Ann (my B&B hosts) were so nice to bring me for a ride to Widemouth Bay and Hartland Quay for some breathtaking view. The weather was absolutely wonderful and what was better? Saf was driving his convertible! I'd never imagine myself sitting in a convertible while being driven along the coast of Cornwall. The experience was Phenomenal!... with the exception of the wind "raping my hair". haha! We also went to shop at a M&S and GAP outlet at Atlantic village. I'm truly blessed. In spite of being so far away from home (both homes), God has given me such wonderful carers who treat me just like their daughter.
The other good is that I've finally started my report. Thought its not even halfway through, but I'm just happy I've done something at least! Haiz... why am I required to do such lame stuff - as if writing a 4 page report on "customer care" is not boring enough.
My housing back in Manchester has not been settled, and it is really getting me worried. I hope that the agent would at least get back to me on when I can move in because they are already breaching the contract by not giving me the keys on the specified contract date! Telling me they can't honour the contract is not good enough! If they delay any longer, I'm really going to find a solicitor and get my deposit money back! - Wish my bf had finished his Bar, so I could just save the lawyer fee and sue the hell out of them! LOL! (I'm just kidding).
And the UK tax revenue is so slow in processing my forms for tax exemption.. and I'm paying like 20% default tax off my already negligible placement salary. Why?? Tell me why? Why does everything have to screw up? - Is God telling me something here?
What made me blow today was this - I had the rudest and most dishonest (Indian) waiter serving me at dinner time. To be honest, I've never experienced such appalling service in my life! This is what happened...I asked the waiter about the discount which I should have been given, he told me it had already been deducted from my bill. So I paid for it. Somehow I felt the numbers didn't tally, so I calculated it again, and I found that it was obviously not deducted! So I asked him for the reason, and he gave me a very ridiculous answer - "Because you wanted to pay by card, and after discount it would be below 10 pounds, so you will have to pay the full price." He also added, "Its only a few pence... besides, you have already paid for it, what can I do?". What was most shocking was that he raised his voice at me in-front of the other customers. - Mind you, it was a few pounds.. and what you could have done was to give me a refund! you moron!
People in the UK treat customer service as a very important benchmark. Sometimes, the food might not be fantastic, but if the service is good, it sort of evens the experience out. Which I have to agree... its the whole package of a good dining experience. UK is just becoming too cosmopolitan.... its good that they are tightening their immigration laws... haiz.. I better not get started about UK's social & economic downfall - it is losing its English culture to immigrants. If Spore is not careful, I can foresee her following the footsteps of UK.
I'm just so full of angst that I had to let it out. Its been a very tiring day for me. Half the time was spent worrying about the housing and tax. That's the trials and tribulations of studying overseas. I've matured and have become more independent through these years. Having to handle housing, banking, tax issues.... and having to deal with incompetent fools who don't know how to carry out their jobs properly - which ultimately affects me in the end, cause unfortunately (for me), I'm their customer.
I hate to be left hanging and waiting for the unknown. I don't know when I'm going to get my house keys; my tax back; for MOH to get back to me about my bond. - the only thing I can do now is to get my stupid report done. LOL
Melvin is right, I should go do my quiet time with God now, least my anger gets a hold of me. The only comfort at the moment is knowing that God is with me through everything, and he will not let me suffer beyond what I can bear. I'm grateful that I have wonderful friends and loved ones praying for me.
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened" Matthew 7:7-8
memories brings back happy moments