<body> Memories brings back happy moments. <body>
Profile

I'm Joyce, studying pharmacy at the Uni of Manchester
I love GOD and I live my life for Him (:
Music, makes the world go round!

Wishlist

I'm already a child of GOD (: What more to ask for? (:


Chatterbox



Music makes the world go round


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Say Thank You

Font: Dafont
Host: Blogger
Image: Dodoy
Base: chique-lilie ©
Layout: Mei Ting


Home Sweet Home
Thursday, June 30, 2011 12:06:00 pm

HELLO! I'm back on the sunny island!

Having finished my 2nd year of pharmacy course, things were just about the same as it was 1 year back after my exams, except with less eagerness to return back. The stress of having to pack my stuff into boxes and storing them away, ensuring that my new accomodation is settled and that all my bank stuff is in order...blahblahblah, just so that I can head on home with less worry that something might crop up while I'm away. i'm just glad I managed to include a wonderful holiday around UK before heading back to Singapore. The trip was very much needed after 1 whole year of brain-juice-draining mugging, I'm just glad everything is finally over. It was an extremely exhausting academic year, but a very fruitful and enjoyable one as well! Apart from the grueling studying marathon, I managed to get involved in Mustard Tree, frequent my involvement in StudentFellowship and draw closer to God.


Results were out on friday, and Thank God! It was really much better than expected. (:

In times of Good, I must always remind myself...
"Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not accept adversity?" Job 2:10
Though its hard when I face setbacks, and inevitably my feelings and emotions get the better of me, but I will make an effort to put this verse to practice.


The one thing that everyone asked me before heading back to S'pore:
"So, what's the first thing you will eat upon returning back to Singapore?"

Weirdly, this whole year, I haven't had any Singapore food cravings apart from Milk Bubble Tea (if that is even considered a food). Singapore food wasn't as enticing for me as it used to be. Seems like I've really gotten used to life in Manchester, so much so that I was quite nonchalant about returning back. In fact, I have to admit, I was prety lazy to take the long distance flight back to Singapore, which eventually turned out to be a 30 hr journey (including a 7 hour stop in Dubai and 1 half hr stop in Colombo, on top of my initial 1 half hr flight delay). Manchester is a pretty relaxing place, good for a "chill" holiday, do nothing but "nuah". But, yeah its always good to return back to Singapore (the bustling fast-paced city), at least my brain wouldn't rot and drain out through my ears. Besides, I don't think I can "nuah" all summer there. I need to do something! 3 months of holiday is ironically torturing for me, cause I personally hate long holidays. I would prefer it if we had 2 months of summer holidays, and give us 2 more weeks of winter and easter holidays! That would be ideal! But oh well, on the bright side, at least I get to meet all my friends and family!! (:


memories brings back happy moments