Friday, April 15, 2011 3:39:00 pm
I'm into the 5th day of my Easter holiday (Considering that it started on monday). I've been trying to study, forcing myself to get into the momentum, but my brain refuses to budge! This is really pissing me off! I've got so much to accomplish every week, but its seems that my focus and drive is not kicking in! I Don't seem to be able to concentrate for long hours. Damn it la!! On the contrary, I'm feeling so damn bloddy relaxed, which is so awkward. I'm getting anxious over my lack of stress and determination. GAHHHHH.. I'm just ranting a whole lot of rubbish. Fine. I'm weird.
Essay and Lab reports... I HATE YOU!
Just witnessed a snatch thief incident at Starbucks yesterday. It all happened so fast! Leaving me pretty shocked. I didn't actually see the whole incident, but I saw the girl chasing after the thief. My heart really goes out to that poor girl who got her bag stolen.I get very affected by crimes which happens infront of my face. Think I've been too sheltered back in Singapore. This gives me another reason to really Love Singapore and be thankful that I belong to such a safe country. Not that no crimes happen, but just that crime rates are much lower, compared to over here in Manchester, or rather, anywhere else in the world!
When we reach Uni level and beyond, things get tougher, no doubt, thats when studying smart comes into play. But I really hate it when lecturers give us really vague answers to questions like, "Are these notes covered in exams?" One of my lecturers gave us a 130+ slides SUPPLEMENTARY note and said..."The supplementary slides are to aid your understanding, I will not ask a question specifically based on them, however they may aid in being able to answer the question" Hello! For goodness sake! Its freaking 130++ slides we are talking about here, not 13 slides! Do you think i've got all the time in the world to study your SUPPLEMENTARY notes, when I've got other core notes to study? So much for studying smart, when lecturers purposely like to dig the guts out of you by trashing heaps of info at your face and expect you to know everything, so that they can test you anything under the sun in a freaking 1 hour paper.
The worst thing is that we don't have tutorials and no practice - its like doing maths with no exercises to prepare for exams! Exams are like "try-out classes", if you screw up, oh well, don't worry, there will be "remedial" Supp paper in August!! -.-
Okay, got to hit my books again.
On a lighter note, guess what? God answered my prayers again! YAY!(: <3
memories brings back happy moments