<body> Memories brings back happy moments. <body>
Profile

I'm Joyce, studying pharmacy at the Uni of Manchester
I love GOD and I live my life for Him (:
Music, makes the world go round!

Wishlist

I'm already a child of GOD (: What more to ask for? (:


Chatterbox



Music makes the world go round


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Say Thank You

Font: Dafont
Host: Blogger
Image: Dodoy
Base: chique-lilie ©
Layout: Mei Ting


Bent and broken
Monday, March 14, 2011 12:06:00 am

It might seem unwise to close all doors and open one door just for God. But at this time I really have to. I really need to get back on my feet and start walking with Him again. I've just been so unmotivated, lazy, ill-disciplined and basically a total flop in EVERYTHING.

Recently there have been too much unexpected and demoralising incidences. Everything just hasn't been working out for me. Everything. Its worse realising that my walk with God is just "drying" up and I'm losing my ground. The peak has long gone, and I think I'm actually going through a valley in my life. Last night my heart was all tangled up, my mind totally confused and I felt all broken inside. All I did was pray and pray... I couldn't seem to find out what was wrong and I was really hoping that God would give me a solution out of this crisis. I really feel that I'm currently in a well and I'm struggling to climb out. But I have faith that God would throw in a bucket and save me out from this mess.

And YES, true enough, God does answer prayers. (:

The recorded Platt sermons I listened to today really spoke to me. It was about forming personal relationship with God. (: How apt! I felt very determined to make sure I don't slip any further!!

and what made me really smile was today's volunteer work at Mustard Tree Soup Run (: I can't express how touched I was when I saw what a magnanimous heart the full-time volunteers had. My heart really melted. They knew the homeless people by name and would pray for each of them!! Some even went the extra mile to meet them up during the weekdays to help them find shelter. God has really given them a Big and generous heart. (:

First time today, I saw a few children at the Soup Run. It was so heart-wrenching to see young children, homeless on the streets. And to think I'm struggling with life now?? I should be counting my blessings instead!!! Look what God has given me and I am not appreciating it!! Mustard Tree is a constant reminder that I should always be thankful for what I have been given. The 3 children were just like an other, running and playing around. I watched the children just enjoy what little childhood they have, and the thought of them sleeping rough on the streets just made my heart sink. One of them was eating and accidently snapped his plastic spoon on his plate, and the rest of the children just burst into fits of laughter. I found myself inevitably joining in the laughter cause I could still remember my own childhood, I did the same!hehe! I pray that these children will find shelter soon and that they would be able to have a fulfilling and memorable childhood.

General society has this impression that the homeless are uncouth and unhelpful and only want help from others. If you are one of them, I can testify that they are actually very polite and intiative and they genuinely want to know more about you. When I was giving out the food, each and everyone of them said.."please", "thank you" and they asked for things politely. When one of them asked how I was, I could really see from their eyes that they sincerly wanted to know more about me and it wasn't just for the sake of initiating a small talk (which often happens in society just to "walk a talk"). They would even spontaneously help us out when it comes to setting and packing up! They are really gentlemen and pleasant to talk to. So stop labelling them and try helping them out instead.


Apart from that, God sent someone to talk to me about my faith. Well, actually, two people! Thank you God for answering my prayers! (: I feel motivated and determined to start all over again and walk back unto your path. I refuse to let myself slide away.

"Your word is a Lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105



Please pray for the Japanese and the people in Libya.


memories brings back happy moments