<body> Memories brings back happy moments. <body>
Profile

I'm Joyce, studying pharmacy at the Uni of Manchester
I love GOD and I live my life for Him (:
Music, makes the world go round!

Wishlist

I'm already a child of GOD (: What more to ask for? (:


Chatterbox



Music makes the world go round


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Say Thank You

Font: Dafont
Host: Blogger
Image: Dodoy
Base: chique-lilie ©
Layout: Mei Ting


Charity bucket story
Thursday, December 23, 2010 2:15:00 am

Its 2.55am now and I'm very tired cause I just finished studying Physiology. This coming exam is driving me nuts. I have 5 papers, which is ALOT.... too much information. But i must be reminded. Matthew 6:34 (:

I'm blogging at this unearthly hour because I just want to remind myself to count my blessings. I was just talking to one of my BBC friends. Its sad how he had to stop uni cause his family didn't have enough money to fund his education, and whats worse? He has to work to pay the bills for his parents. Such a heavy responsibility for such a young fellow. I'm really touched by his perseverance, his faith in God and his love for his parents. Its just a reminder to me how blessed I am to be able to come here to UK to study (not even about coming here, but to even have a full education). Sometimes I complain about not being able to do this and that, but I haven't seen how fortunate I am. Everything in life should not be taken for granted, and should be looked on from another angle, cause I'm always blessed. (:


Just that day, I was doing volunteering work at Piccadilly Train Station. I had been standing near the toilets of the station, holding a money bucket and braving the cold which was piercing through my skin. I stood there pretty disheartened as I was not very encouraged by the number of donors. On top of that, I had classes the whole morning, skipped lunch to go for volunteering. At that very moment, I felt horrible with half the heart a volunteer should have. I stood there praying for God to give me a lively and determined spirit to volunteer with my whole heart, with Him as a purpose. Standing there for almost 1 1/2 hours, there was not many substantial donations besides copper coins. Just as I was about to change to another location, a man came up to me and ask me which organisation I was raising funds for. After I told him what I was doing, he told me this story which really made my day, a simple act, truely unforgettable.

"I lost my wallet a few days ago, and was very worried. I kept praying for someone to return it, and true enough, the very next day, I received an e-mail that someone had found it! I met the person to collect the wallet, and I really wanted to give the kind soul some money to thank him for the effort of returning the wallet. However, he refused the money and told me to return donate it to charity! so this is what I'm doing now...."
He reached into his wallet and took out 10 pounds and placed it into my money bucket. That was really the biggest donor of the day. I wasn't amazed at the amount of money placed into the bucket, but more of the kindness and gratitute I saw in this young man. He could have just agreed to give it to charity, and not put it to action, but he actually did! This man's sincerity really gave charity a new meaning for me...



Temperature check outside now : -9 deg
Weirdly, this winter doesn't feel as cold as it did last year, despite starting its negative degrees soooo early in winter! Maybe i'm just getting so used to it. oh well.... or maybe i'm just too stressed to care about how cold it is. Mind over body! (:


memories brings back happy moments