Saturday, July 10, 2010 5:13:00 pm
Just came back from dinner with my gang. Celebrated Esther's birthday at Al forno, some italian restaurant in Katong. PJ and I went to Katong earlier to search for a cake for the birthday girl. It took us almost 30 mins to find a suitable cake, after scouting through the whole stretch of katong and entering about 4 cake shops. We finally settled on AWFULLY CHOCOLATE's signature chocolate cake (Since i've heard 1001 comments on how insatiable their chocalate cakes were). My verdict: The cake was heaven. A really rich and CHOCOLATEY, yet it was really light and springy. NOT too overwelming and "Jelat". I would call it " The awfully-just-nice-chocolate-cake"
Then it was to "udders" in siglap. The queue was EXTREMELY long, and we knew why after trying the durian, rum&raisin and gula malaka icecream. Then it was chilling at starbucks.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ESTHER!!! : )
Holidays have been the best!! I'm so packed in July, with my day work at IMH, night work at the clinic and endless outing with my friends and family. Been busy planning for my holiday trip back to my childhood land, Perth. I'm so excited! I can't wait!! I don't feel like going back to Manchester. :(
Somehow, a part of me doesn't feel like growing up. I always say I want to be 21, but when the time approaches, I just wish i could take back my words and freeze time. The responsibility of a grown up, the pressure of achievement, the goal of success, the planning for the future, the importance of maturity, the management of life..... the trial and tribulations of an adult. Welcome to reality. FACE IT!
memories brings back happy moments